Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Food and Eating

I was just talking to a someone I know about my food issues. I've got Coeliacs and because of that I cannot eat food containing gluten. Those include wheat, barley and rye, sometimes oats. So normal pasta, pizza, etc are no-no for me. Most people don't want to start this kinda diet because it's a limit. They think of all the things they cannot eat. "I can't order pizza, I can't eat pasta, I can't eat doughnuts/pies/cakes." It's not exactly true, now is it. I have delicious lemon cake just next to me! Pizzas and pastas taste basically the same as they did before. I can get all the same foods as I did before gluten free! They cost a bit more than before sure, but I can still eat bread and cakes. People get too hang up on what they can't do rather than what they can do. I'm still as happy as I was before. Well happier, since I was too tired and in pain before going gluten free. Baking is a bit more difficult than before, because gluten is important for holding bakings together, but there are ways to help keep it together. That is the thing about life. Nothing is every simple and straight forward. There is always some form of glitz, but there is always a way round it. It's just matter of willingness to look. Often I hear that people don't want to try something because they know it's a change and it's not going to be easy. The previous way may not be easy either, but it's known and safer. But you don't get the same satisfaction of trying something new, figuring things out and managing to solve new problems! 

And I want to put it in writing that I'm very sceptical about going GF for weight loss. I haven't lost a single kilo with this diet. I've lost weight with hard work and keeping healthy diet. I worked for it. I do encourage people to try it out, because you don't know if it's good for you until you try it! A lot of people end up feeling less tired, have less health issues and getting skin issues under control with this diet. But it's not a weight loss diet. To loose weight you need to eat healthy, get your hormones balanced and exercise. I can't say what is healthy eating besides eating lots of fruits and veggies, because it varies with different people. Allergies and health issues can make very healthy fruit unhealthy for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment